D25289: Read floating date time as LocalTime.

Damien Caliste noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 14 08:58:05 GMT 2019

dcaliste added a comment.

  @mlaurent I agree. That is the point of my opening sentence "take the opportunity of this patch to discuss the consequences here". I'm wondering how codes using KCalendarCore are currently handling floating time events incoming from iCal data during a sync operation for instance. Looking at the code, I guess that they are ignoring the floating property and display the event in the current time zone. What happens when they are travelling to another time zone ? What happen when they upsync again this event to a remote server ? Didn't any users already notice that floating time events are not kept floating after up sync ? Am I completely wrong and I'm missing something here that make possible to handle floating time events with the current code ?

  It's not in a hurry to merge this patch since SailfishOS is not going to transition soon. But I would be glad if some users (I mean code users) of KCalendarCore can test this patch and discuss on the consequences on their side and what do they think of the handling of floating time events.

REPOSITORY
  R172 KCalendar Core

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25289