D25289: Read floating date time as LocalTime.

Damien Caliste noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 14 08:21:03 GMT 2019

dcaliste added a comment.

  @winterz thanks for looking at this. I'm sorry, I forgot to talk about the context. Indeed, I've no bug related to this. This is coming for the work I'm doing to port from the ancient Meego-era KCalCore code in SailfishOS to the latest upstream. One of the work in the transition in SailfishOS is to replace KDateTime by QDateTime. Doing this, I notice that the ClockTime spec of KDateTime does not exist anymore. This spec is currently used to store floating time events. So I wonder, how are they doing upstream ? And the best way to look at this, in my opinion, was to look at the reading of iCal floating time in icalformat_p.cpp. That's how I notice that floating times were converted into current system time zone, which is fine at the moment of reading the iCal data, but leave no way to store the event as a floating date (so viewing this event after a time zone change like travelling, will actually display the event at the wrong time) and worst, sending back this event to a server in a sync process will loose the floating date information and will attach this event to a specific time zone. Thus the patch.

REPOSITORY
  R172 KCalendar Core

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25289