D21455: Automatic recovery from Multiple Merge Candidates error

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 31 12:14:00 BST 2019

dvratil added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in itemcreatehandler.cpp:502
> I guess this line isn't actually needed due to the HACK HACK in the recover method, but let's keep it, it looks clean, unlike the hack ;)

Yes, well the HACK HACK HACK will go away once I'm done with the "server-side" ItemSync, since that will get us rid of the client-side transactions completely, so calling `commit` will //actually// do a commit.

> dfaure wrote in datastore.cpp:1240
> This makes me realize that I don't remember ever seeing the duplicates in the kmail message list.
> So the duplicates must be created by itemsync itself, not by something that happens before...

You would only notice if the duplicates were actually duplicates of a single message rather than two distinct messages with conflicting RIDs.

Which makes me realize I should add some way of disabling the automatic recovery because otherwise debugging the source of the MMC error will be even more difficult if it will auto-correct itself immediately.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21455