D21154: Automatically run pg_upgrade when major PostgreSQL is detected

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 12 13:56:07 BST 2019

dvratil created this revision.
Herald added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-pim.
dvratil requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This implements detection of version of the db_data cluster and the currently
  installed Postgres version (on Linux for now, only), and upgrading the cluster
  when Postgres major version upgrade is detected.

  This should make it more comfortable for users to use Akonadi with Postgres
  since they no longer have to care about Postgres upgrades. It upgrade
  will fail if we fail to find executables for the previous Postgres
  server version (the one from which we are upgrading), which may differ
  between distributions and usually requires an additional package to be
  installed.

TEST PLAN
  Tested on Fedora, upgrading from Postgres 10 to 11

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

BRANCH
  master

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21154

AFFECTED FILES
  src/server/storage/dbconfigpostgresql.cpp
  src/server/storage/dbconfigpostgresql.h