D21463: KIMAP: Option to use system proxy settings (Core part)

Jonathan Marten noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 31 16:33:33 BST 2019

marten added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in sessionthread.cpp:68
> Unless the socket is disconnected, you should probably force reconnection here to apply the new configuration...

Is this needed?  I've traced the agent and the execution of the SessionThread, and if the account settings are changed in KMail the agent is set offline then online.  This means that threadQuit() and threadInit() are called which recreates the socket and reconnects to the server with the new settings.

> dvratil wrote in sessionthread.cpp:180
> More context: "Connecting to IMAP server using default system proxy"
>
> Shouldn't you also explicitly set the `QNetworkProxy` here as well? The socket doesn't get recreated on reconnect, so if the option is changed, it wouldn't get reset.

Set here to make sure, but as above the socket and connection is recreated when the option is changed by the user anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R177 PIM: KIMAP

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21463