D21455: Automatic recovery from Multiple Merge Candidates error

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 28 11:47:33 BST 2019

dvratil created this revision.
Herald added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-pim.
dvratil requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Introduce a recovery codepath when Multiple Merge Candidates error
  occurs during Item merging. Since clients generally do not use
  merging, this really only happens during ItemSync. In such case we
  quitely delete all the conflicting items from the database and reschedule
  the collection sync. The next sync should then succeed and bring the
  collection into a consistent state.

  Note that this does not fix the Multiple Merge Candidates bug - it can
  still happen (and we still don't know how), but Akonadi should now be
  able to recover from it automatically without user intervention, thus
  making this issue less of a PITA.

TEST PLAN
  Successfuly auto-recovered a broken collection on my setup.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21455

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/server/fakedatastore.cpp
  autotests/server/fakedatastore.h
  src/server/handler/itemcreatehandler.cpp
  src/server/handler/itemcreatehandler.h
  src/server/storage/datastore.cpp
  src/server/storage/datastore.h