D19982: Make akonadi applications non bundle for macOS

Filipe Azevedo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 25 10:37:07 GMT 2019

fazevedo added a comment.

  In D19982#437917 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19982#437917>, @dvratil wrote:

  > Would it make sense to think about Kontact on Mac in the terms of a singular bundle, similar to Kontact Flatpak/Appimage, and take a completely different approach in packaging Kontact for Mac?

  I have no idea / knowledge about flatpack/appimage, nor how it's packaged.
  More largely, Having pim packaged in a single bundle would be a huge task (ie, need patched Qt, los of patched stuff etc, and the most annoying one dbus service).
  I only do use Craft on macos to get KDE stuff built / used.
  I do have pending fixes for craft that fixed dbus and it's service registering for the user session, that make akonadi and some dbus based applications to starts.
  Does not mean it works fine for all though, but having kontact working first in Craft would  be a first step closer to have a standalone bundle.

  I will rework the patch to if/def the non gui marking to Apple only soon.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D19982