D21650: Shorten sockets file path

Filipe Azevedo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 11 08:51:39 BST 2019

fazevedo marked 3 inline comments as done.
fazevedo added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in utils.cpp:104
> Since on Linux you are now creating the directory in `/var/run/user/<uid>/`, I'd very much prefer to keep `akonadi` in the name...
>
> Actually, since you cannot have two same instances of Akonadi running at the same time, it should be perfectly fine to call the folder `akonadi` for the default instance and `akonadi-<instancename>` when `Akonadi::Instance::hasIdentifier()` is `true`, no more random strings.
>
> This would make the directory deterministic for each instance, simplifying the code.

createSocketDirectory is calling saveDir("runtime"), which already append "akonadi" tho the runtime path, ie "/path/to/runtime/akonadi", which result to path like "path/tp/runtime/akonadi/TMPL".

I could then just use fixed (no) template name like 'default' and 'identifier Name' in this folder then ?

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21650