D22626: KAlarm: simplify the starting of KOrganizer to use DBus activation

David Jarvie noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 29 23:47:57 BST 2019

djarvie added a comment.

  The steps which I used to test it were:

  1. Enable KAlarm output in kdebugsettings (you'll need to see debug output to know exactly what's going wrong).
  2. Quit/kill KOrganizer if it's already running.
  3. Run KAlarm from a terminal.
  4. In menu bar, choose New -> Display Alarm.
  5. In the New Display Alarm dialog, type some random text in the big text box, select a time enough in the future so that the alarm won't expire while you're testing it, and select "Show in KOrganizer" (you may need to click the "More Options >>" button to see this option.)
  6. Click OK.
  7. KOrganizer should now start up, and the event should be visible in it for the selected date.
  8. In KOrganizer, select File -> Quit.
  9. In KAlarm, click on the alarm which you created, in order to edit it.
  10. In the Edit Display Alarm dialog, change the text in order to enable the OK button again. Click OK.
  11. KOrganizer should start again, but in my testing, I just got an error message. See the debug output for details - the user message is not very specific.

REPOSITORY
  R205 KAlarm

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22626