D22352: Add option --decode-emails for the show command.

Kevin Krammer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 10 07:17:27 BST 2019

krake added a comment.

  I am very much in favor of adding this but I am thinking we probably want this a bit more generic.
  For a console tool the commandline switches are very much like API, so having an email specific switch doesn't "feel" right.

  For kabcclient, which is kind of the precursor of this, we supported various input/output formats and format specific options through generic commandline switches:
  http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/en/man1/kabcclient.1.html
  https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kdepim/browse/master/console/kabcclient/src/formatfactory.cpp;ee3dfc152d1d71df22b60bdcdee317fb9997ab97

  We also had a tool for calendar called konsolekalendar which also had different types of output
  https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kdepim/browse/master/console/konsolekalendar/konsolekalendarexports.cpp;ee3dfc152d1d71df22b60bdcdee317fb9997ab97

  "raw" would work across all payload types, maybe even something like "human".

  Main difficulty I see is that the "show" command supports a list of items and they don't necessarily need to have the same payload type.
  So I am a bit torn between "output-format" and something like "email-format", "contact-format" and so on

REPOSITORY
  R723 Akonadi CLI Client

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22352