D17917: unifiedmailboxagent: Stop using std::optional.

Raphael Kubo da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 2 14:04:19 GMT 2019

rakuco created this revision.
rakuco added a reviewer: dvratil.
Herald added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-pim.
rakuco requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This reverts most of commits 39cbfe725870a9 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R206:39cbfe725870a94c74a9d344f81212f04aa56d30> ("I can haz
  std::experimental::optional!") and b44642b4ec <https://phabricator.kde.org/R206:b44642b4ec9773abc299dcc0ca8d02797fa6b9a8> ("Rename "exp" namespace to
  "stdx" to avoid conflict with exp()"), as well as other commits fixing the
  build. Follow-up coding style adjustments (done mostly in commit c8e59b1a3 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R206:c8e59b1a39d354a229150b8a38eb96a4ef781aa3>
  "GIT_SILENT: coding style") have not been reverted though.

  std::optional support is only officially supported in C++17 or later, but we
  were still requiring only C++14 to build unifiedmailboxagent. Switching to
  C++17 in the Applications/18.12 branch requires a change to akonadi that is
  only available in its master branch (ceeb4f3a <https://phabricator.kde.org/R165:ceeb4f3a72b62944a4614e582b7ca4cd551a6aa6>, "Disable std::auto_ptr checks
  in Item in C++17"), and in any case C++17 support is fairly recent
  everywhere so we can just wait a bit longer before depending on it.

  The discussion in https://phabricator.kde.org/D17606 is also relevant.

TEST PLAN
  Built all code and unit tests, the same tests fail with and without this patch.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

BRANCH
  revert-std-optional (branched from Applications/18.12)

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17917

AFFECTED FILES
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/autotests/unifiedmailboxmanagertest.cpp
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/unifiedmailbox.cpp
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/unifiedmailbox.h
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/unifiedmailboxagent.cpp
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/unifiedmailboxmanager.cpp
  agents/unifiedmailboxagent/utils.h