missing mails in maildir

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Sun Feb 10 23:15:16 GMT 2019

Hi guys,

In my akonadi/kmail setup with maildir, I'm seeing that mails that are in the
database are not all as mail files on the filesystem. Since akonadi is the
cache for the filesystem, I wonder how this discrepancy has come to be.

This is the first time I've seen this and it's worrying me. I'd like to find
out how many files might be missing and get them back in the maildir.

Very concretely, I'm looking for a mail I sent, that shows up in the inbox in
kmail and akonadi_console, but is not in the maildir. I've connected to
MariaDB with `mysql -D akonadi` --socket=...
However, I do not see where (what table column) the mail body is. The largest
table is parttable, but I do not find any mails in there. The largest blob in
that table is 4096.

select octet_length(data) as length from parttable where data is not null
order by length;

I'd appreciate any pointers to help me debug this.

Cheers,
Jos