We can no longer access gmail with akonadi

Karl Weber karl.weber99 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 10 20:15:23 BST 2019

Hi,

for three days we can no longer access our gmail accounts with akonadi (kmail).

When we try to re-authenticate, we get a message, requesting, that we
need to allow that google may pass name, e-mail-address, language
settings and profile picture to akonadi resources for google services.
Before continuing, we may read the privacy statement and the terms of
use. However, no link is working. We can only click continue and enter
the password on the next page.

Then we get the error message, telling that authentication with this
app is temporarily deactivated. The usage of google log-in for this
application has not been allowed.

We are using an opensuse leap 15.0 box with kde.

What can we do?

Please help, because otherwise we can no longer use kmail to access
our gmail accounts.

Thanks in advance for your help
Karl