D22626: KAlarm: simplify the starting of KOrganizer to use DBus activation

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 9 09:27:23 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  This is no bug. isValid() doesn't make a remote procedure call to check if the remote object still exists.

  It is documented as " It returns false if there was an error during the creation of this interface ". Emphasis on CREATION.

  If it did make a remote call, it would be slow, and still not 100% safe (the remote app could exit between isValid() and the actual call we want to make. So we might as well just make the call and see if it worked.

REPOSITORY
  R205 KAlarm

BRANCH
  Applications/19.08