New framework: KCalCore

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 15:24:13 BST 2019

вс, 7 апр. 2019 г. в 15:45, Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose KCalCore for review to move from KDE PIM to KF5.
>
> KCalCore is an implementation of the iCalendar standard based on libical,
> covering the data model, input/output and the rather complex recurrence
> algorithms defined in that standard. It's used outside of KDE PIM as well,
> e.g. by Zanshin or the Plasma Mobile calendar app.

Hi Volker,

While porting KTimeTracker to KF5, I noticed that KCalCore lost KIO
support on the way from KDELibs4 to KF 5.0.

Of course I can subclass ICalFormat, but the FileStorage<->ICalFormat
relation looks weird to me: ICalFormat::save() is the method that
actually writes file to disk, while class name "ICalFormat" suggests
that it should only be concerned about iCal contents, not the I/O.

May be CalFormat should only implement marshal/unmarshal methods, then
actual r/w from disk can be done in FileStorage. Otherwise, for me to
add KIO support right now I need to subclass ICalFormat rather than
FileStorage which is weird.

P.S.  Sorry for the off-topic.

--
Alexander Potashev