D20706: Make IMPP more compliant with RFC 4770/ RFC 6350

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 21 12:04:22 BST 2019

vkrause created this revision.
Herald added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-pim.
vkrause requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The payload of IMPP entries is supposed to be a URI, the scheme of which
  identifies the corresponding messaging service. This can still read the
  pre-RFC 4770 service type parameter if no URI scheme is given, but it now
  always produces URIs in the output. With RFC 4770 being twelve years old
  already I think that's acceptable.

  The removal of the type() method also opens the way for adding API for
  the type parameter as we have it for other fields as well.

  Note that this does not yet touch pre-IMPP messaging entries as currently
  used by KAddressbook, that still has to be changed. This also means that
  we currently have no users of this code, making these rather invasive
  changes possible.

REPOSITORY
  R174 PIM: KContacts

BRANCH