D20353: Fix dialing via KDE Connect, and make it the default

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 8 10:22:56 BST 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  I thought about another approach I'd like to try before landing this, basically replacing explicit KDE Connect support with "System Default" which just let's the system handle tel: URLs directly. This is what KMail does and it has the advantage of being consistent everywhere, requiring less code and configuration, and actually supporting more Voip clients than we do here (Zoiper apparently works with KMail that way). And by default this also uses KDE Connect.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mlaurent wrote in CMakeLists.txt:31
> What about UseKdeConnectSms for sms ?

I'll touch SMS separately, once I have figured out to actually make it work, but of course we should default to KDE Connect as well there.

REPOSITORY
  R459 Akonadi Contacts

BRANCH
  master