Akonadi DB Errors, "Trash" sync hangs forever

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Fri Oct 26 02:12:55 BST 2018

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 5:06:01 PM CDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> You seem to be using a rather old version of KMail (version 5.2.3 according
> to  the header of your email). The current version is (at least) 5.9.1.
> There have been a lot of bugfixes and improvements since 5.2.3.

This has affected me for quite a while.  I will try to upgrade the the version
in Debian Sid over the weekend.  I'd really like the fix to get into the
Buster release.

Debian calls that version "4:18.08.1-1", which I'm guessing the the version
number of the KDE release, rather than KMail in particular.  I tried to find
the KMail version using [this list](https://www.kde.org/info/
applications-18.08.1.php), but it just said 18.08.1. :(

I guess once I have it installed I can just read it from the introduction
page.

> > later synchronizations hang on the "Trash
> > folder". I can't stop the synchronization once it is hung by using the
> > cancel button in the kontact/kmail task list.
>
> If the problem only occurs for the Trash folder, then I suggest to disable
> automatic synchronization of this folder (under Retrieval in the folder
> properties).

I tried doing that.  I went into the "Folder Properties..." for the Trash
folder and changed the "Retrieval" options to "Synchronize where selecting
this folder" and "Automatically synchronize after: [Never]".

I'm still getting a hang and the last status message is "Syncing folder:
'Trash'".

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. :/

I'm fairly sure it's not actually a problem fetching anything from the IMAP
server, but rather some mildly related bookkeeping that is causing the FK
violation, and the sync process "crashes" without telling aKonadi/KMail that
it completed. :/
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))