D16440: Provide OpenStreetMap links to location information in events [WIP]

Tony Wasserka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 26 19:21:15 BST 2018

neobrain created this revision.
neobrain added a reviewer: VDG.
Herald added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-pim.
neobrain requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently, this feature is hardcoded to link to the Nominatim search tool for OSM data. Example screenshot: F6363835: utgyB5b.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6363835>

  I'm hoping to gather some feedback on this (unfinished!) patch, specifically but not limited to:

  - Should we use Nominatim rather than directly linking to OpenStreetMap? (Does the former provide better search results for imprecise inputs, for instance?)
  - Should an option be provided to select other map services? (Google/Bing/etc)

  In my personal calendar, the simple approach used in this patch works on about 30% of the entries. Other services might fare better, but may come at the cost of the user's privacy. 30% is good enough though, and for the other entries it's still quicker to fixup the search query (turning nonstrict address formats into strict ones) than to do a manual search.

  TODOs:

  - Gather feedback
  - Add the link to other templates where applicable

REPOSITORY
  R173 KCalendar Utils

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16440