Akonadi DB Errors, "Trash" sync hangs forever

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. Boyd.Stephen.Smith.Jr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:49:30 BST 2018

I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to ask for help.

I have an Akonadi IMAP resource accessing my own dovecot server, and the first
sync works great.  However, later synchronizations hang on the "Trash folder".
I can't stop the synchronization once it is hung by using the cancel button in
the kontact/kmail task list.

This prevents new mail from showing up, until I restart Akonadi (restarting
kmail/kontact doesn't help), and effectively force a synchronization to
restart with INBOX.

Console messages pasted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/957r7r/
akonadi_postgresql_buster/

Should I open a bug?  Is there a better recovery method in the meantime?  Am I
doing something wrong?

Deleting and re-creating the resource seems to make synchronization work for a
little while, but in less than 72 hours, I get a hang with the same symptoms
and very similar messages.
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))