Emailing threading grouping by subject even though completely separate threads

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue May 8 21:43:23 BST 2018

Hi Mike,

this isn't really the right forum for your message. The kdepim-users mailing
list would be better suited. Or our issue tracker bugzilla.kde.org if you want
to submit a bug report resp. a wish. The kde-pim mailing list is the forum for
developers who want to help with the development of the KDE PIM applications.

Anyway, since you are already here ... (cont'd below)

On Montag, 7. Mai 2018 17:21:55 CEST mike.harris.kcp at gmail.com wrote:
> If there is a email thread with the same subject it groups any email that
> has the same subject.
>
> I have 2 emails from 2 separate people that have the same subject sent on
> very different days (weeks difference) but they group under the same thread
> because the subjects match.
>
> The threading should group based not only on subject but the headers of who
> it's to/from/cc'd on
>
> not a wildcard subject match

KMail comes with extensive support for message grouping. Please have a look
into View->Message List->Aggregation. Maybe the "Senders/Receivers, Flat"
aggregation is what you are looking for. If not, then I'm sure you can
configure your own aggregation mode. If you just want to disable threading by
Subject then change the Threading option to one which does not include "by
Subject".

Regards,
Ingo