New module: KPkPass

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Mar 18 08:55:27 GMT 2018

Hi,

in order to make the travel/itinerary code started in kdepim-addons accessible
for the corresponding mobile app too, I'm currently moving the shared parts to
separate repos/modules.

The first one ready to go is KPkPass (see kde:kpkpass.git), a library for
reading Apple Wallet pass files, the de facto standard file format for mobile
boarding passes. No rocket science in there, just parsing the file
(essentially a zip file containing a JSON file, message catalogs and image
assets) and making it consumable by Grantlee and QML for display.

I'd suggest to include this in the next PIM release (after 18.04 branching has
been done), with the longer term goal to become a tier 2 framework once it has
been battle-tested as part of one or two PIM releases. This would then become
a dependency of kdepim-addons, for the pkpass messageviewer plugin.

I'm also working on a similar split for the itinerary data model and
extraction code (currently in scratch/vkrause/kitinerary).

Regards,
Volker