Does anyone know how to configure Akonadi (or Korganizer, or per-account) to not complain about lack of SSL on CalDAV and CardDAV connections, please?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 15:18:14 BST 2018

Hi Sam,

what kind of complaint do you see? I don't think many of us here have access
to a non-SSL DAV server, so some more details would be helpful.

If it's the "You are about to log in to the site 'foo.com', but the website
does not require authentication" dialog, that's spoofing protection in KIO
which cannot be turned off currently (because in 99% cases you do not want to
send your username and password in plain HTTP requests). The dialog could
probably have "Yes, remember forever" button, but that must be implemented
completely in the KIO framework - you can file a feature request on
bugs.kde.org regarding this.

Alternatively just get a self-signed SSL certificate, you'll get a warning
about it, but you can choose "remember forever" there.

Daniel

PS: kdepim-users ML is a better place for this kind of questions

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683