Notice of intention to force rewind Akonadi

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jul 4 20:38:41 BST 2018

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018, 19:06 Volker Krause, <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 1 July 2018 20:49:06 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 9:31 PM, Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Rather than letting things escalate for two weeks to this point for
> what
> > > is
> > > essentially a simple one-line change, we probably all should review the
> > > notification/monitoring workflow. I suspect the main problem was that
> > > neither the people who broke this nor those who could quickly fix it
> > > simply weren't aware of the breakage?
> >
> > I'm not sure whether email notifications to the mailing list are
> > suitable to resolve this, but i've now set those up for PIM.
>
> Thanks! Email notifications for build failures at least help me notice
> this
> faster.

Awesome. I see Kleopatra has already benefited from this which is good to
see.

> Pre-integration CI validation as you are working on should also help a lot
> with this I think, in particular for the "exotic" platforms (ie. this
> specific
> case would have been caught, the change was long enough in review for
> that).

Indeed. Pre-Review CI is definitely the long term fix here, as long as
everything goes through review :)

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before we can roll that out to a large
number of projects, but thanks to bshah it is definitely underway.

> Regards,
> Volker

Cheers,
Ben