KHolidays as Framework (redux)

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 14:17:53 GMT 2018

Hi,

CC: only kdepim, kde-frameworks-devel

I have some general comments about the API documentation. Looking at
https://api.kde.org/stable/kdepimlibs-apidocs/kholidays/html/classes.html
the list mostly (only?) contains classes that are internal. Looking at
https://github.com/KDE/kholidays/blob/master/src/holiday.h
we can see documentation exists also for important classes, but the docs
are not listed because the class documentation is missing.

This is not a showstopper, but without accessible API, the visibility of
this framework is much reduced. It would be nice, if the API documentation
is complete, so here is still some room for improvement ;)

Best regards
Dominik

Am 20.01.2018 11:39 schrieb "Volker Krause" <vkrause at kde.org>:

On Sunday, 14 January 2018 12:55:30 CET David Faure wrote:
> On dimanche 14 janvier 2018 10:20:38 CET Volker Krause wrote:

KHolidays

> > > AFAICS this is followed, apart from using the KF5 version number and
> > > actually being marked as a framework, which I guess is pending
framework
> > > approval.
> >
> > This got lost somehow, any objection to executing the move to frameworks
> > for 5.43, say end of this week?
>
> Go ahead.

The necessary metainfo and CMake changes are pushed, the sysadmin ticket for
the repo metadata change is T7791.

anymore, but instead become part of the KDE Frameworks releases with version
5.43. There are no ABI or name changes, just the .so version increases from
5.7 to 5.43 to match the rest of KF5, so the transition should hopefully be
hardly noticeable.
Side benefit: plasma-workspace no longer depends on a library from KDE
Application releases.

Regards,
Volker