D9841: [KMSystemTray] Expose unread email count via Unity launcher API

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 12 10:23:00 GMT 2018

broulik added a comment.

  > I removed systemtray number as it was impossible to see number when icon was too small.

  There was no limit in the number it showed in system tray and it painted the icon manually breaking with themes and what not; this patch does not make any assumption on the representation. It will just say "I have this number 12345" and then the view (e.g. Task Manager in Plasma) can make sure it doesn't get super tiny, which Plasma mostly does. It limits the number to 9999 and if the panel is too tiny won't show it at all.

  > and it's a specific code for ubuntu, it will not work on opensuse and co.

  It's just DBus signals. Plasma also provides this service for two years now and it will work on any distro running Plasma, note how the screenshots show Plasmashell, not Unity.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mlaurent wrote in kmsystemtray.h:81
> nullptr
> =======

I didn't because I initialize it in the constructor, but can do.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9841