can I change default sending account via DBUS ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Jan 19 17:05:02 GMT 2018

On Freitag, 19. Jänner 2018 17:17:46 CET Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> assuming your identities are configured to use the default transport, you
> should be able to change the default transport via DBus:
>
> qdbus org.kde.kmail2 /TransportManager
> org.kde.pim.TransportManager.setDefaultTransport TRANSPORTID
>
> You can find IDs of your transports in ~/.config/mailtransports, it's the
> numerical ID in the [Transport XXXX] group header.

Thanks for the hint. However I get a dbus error, which is unclear to me:

qdbus org.kde.kmail2 /TransportManager org.kde.pim.TransportManager.setDefaultTransport 2103849609
Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod
No such method 'setDefaultTransport' in interface 'org.kde.pim.TransportManager' at object path '/TransportManager' (signature 'i')

However asking for the methods shows it:

qdbus org.kde.kmail2 /TransportManager

method void org.kde.pim.TransportManager.setDefaultTransport(int id)

puzzled ...

Does it work for you ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at