T7846: akonadi > MySQL ERD Review

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 5 17:19:56 GMT 2018

dvratil added a comment.

  > Flags should be NOT NULL

  Fair point, I added it to actionables, that should be fairly easy to fix. Just needs modifying the XML and Akonadi should be able to self-correct the schema

  > Key/Value Pair anti-pattern

  The link lists the problems but does not offer any good advice, considering our storage is generic (we don't know the keys beforehand). What would be your advice? We can normalize the  **[CollectionAttributeTable].type** column by moving the key names to their own table  like we do in **[PartTable]** as suggested in the link, but that's about all that I could find there that would apply in our case.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7846