T7846: akonadi > MySQL ERD Review

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 5 17:23:55 GMT 2018

dvratil added a comment.

  > This table is used, so that each resource can save additionla data for a collection, so far I know it is mostly requested via collectionid and a given type. Aka:
  >  `select value from CollectionAttributeTable where type="type" and collectionId=?`

  The most common query is actually

    SELECT collectionId, type, value FROM CollectionAttributeTable WHERE type IN (....) AND collectionId IN (....) ORDER BY collectionId ASC

  > One type is defined in one attributeclass see. src/core/*attribute.(cpp|h) and than src/core/protocolhelper.cpp and src/core/attributefactory.cpp doing the magic.

  Where the types are defined in code is irrelevant, we are looking into how to deal with this on the DB level. The implementation should not stand in the way of db optimization (otherwise we wouldn't get anywhere :-))

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7846