debugging kmail crash

jos at vandenoever.info jos at vandenoever.info
Sun Dec 16 00:12:09 GMT 2018

On 16.12.2018 00:29, Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> In the case of Maildir, how could I get out the mapping from folder
>> path
>> to folder number?
>
> the folder number is the id in colletiontable remoteid name of the
> folder and
> parentid is the parent folder... So use DB Browser or DB Console.

When trying to run a query on the database, (select * from
collectiontable;) I get

   Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/akonadi-oever.0b6D91/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL:
Unable to connect

This is rather peculiar as the Browser shows folders which I assumes it
does by talking to the database.
After restarting akonadi (akonadictl restart) the 'Failed to connect'
problem is gone, but the inconsistency between message count and # of
message shown remains.

select id, parentId, remoteId from collectiontable;

will allows me to map folder id to path.

>> Not per se. The crash occurs for any mail I open or for opening the
>> menu
>> Settings -> Configure KMail.
>> kmail --view ... also consistently crashes with every mail.
>
> Okay but you said, that it only occurs after you pull your settings?

It happens consistently with the state the system is in now.

Crashing on kmail --view seems unrelated to the database, since it
should just read a file.

>> I've now installed akonadiconsole. The logging tab does not show
>> anything Critial or Fatal.
>> Upon starting akonadiconsole, it says:
>>
>> Failed to connect to database: Can't connect to local MySQL server
>> through socket '/tmp/akonadi-oever.0b6D91/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL:
>> Unable to connect
>>
>> But it connects to akonadi fine. However, the browser seems
>> inconsistent. My 'archive' folder has 14k mails, yet, the browser
>> shows
>> only 3. See screenshot.
>> When I double click a mail entry, akonadiconsole crashes with the
>> familiar backtrace.
>
> okay, as akonadiconsole uses the same codepaths to display a mail, this
> tells
> us, that here is a bug :D
>
> What version of Grantlee you use?

5.1.0