D12230: [WIP] Adjust socket buffer sizes on FreeBSD

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 15 20:49:53 BST 2018

dvratil added a comment.

  Interesting, thanks for debugging this Ade! I'm fine with merging this, but as @tcberner said, please use a named constant for the buffer size, instead of a magical numerical constant, move the adjustSocketBuffer() functions to src/private/datastream_p.cpp to avoid having two implementations of it (the library is shared by both the Akonadi Server and the client libraries), and drop some of the extra qDebugs().

  Technically, Akonadi should be able to cope with messages larger than the buffer size but looks like there's a problem somewhere in the DataStream (or maybe Qt?). Knowing this is an issue, I should be able to investigate further (assuming I can get FreeBSD with Akonadi to run in a VM :-)) and make a proper fix in Akonadi someday.

REPOSITORY
  R165 Akonadi

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12230