D12427: IMAP resource: fix data loss on connection lost, depending on the current task

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 21 23:44:20 BST 2018

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added a reviewer: dvratil.
Restricted Application added a project: KDE PIM.
dfaure requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  If the current task is e.g. uploading an item to the server, we don't
  want to cancelTask (which means give up and never try again), we want to
  deferTask, so we try again later. Otherwise, well, this is how we end up
  with items without a remote id, which makes syncing that folder much
  slower every time due to the item count mismatch.

  Abstracted with a new method abortTask, which calls cancel or defer
  depending on the type of task.

TEST PLAN
  Sync large folder in kmail, abort sync. But I didn't test any of
  the task types other than collection sync...

REPOSITORY
  R44 KDE PIM Runtime

BRANCH
  Applications/18.04