D12480: Several performance optimisations for Akregator

Pierre Ducroquet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 24 11:27:23 BST 2018

pinaraf marked an inline comment as done.
pinaraf added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in feedstoragedummyimpl.cpp:215
> Since we are talking performance here, I'd suggest using
>
>   const auto it = d->entries.constFind(guid);
>   if (it != d->entries.cend()) {
>   }
>
> This way you avoid looking up the the entry in the hashtable twice (once in `contains()` and once in `operator[]`).

Indeed, but note that this is the dummy feed storage, that is almost unused (it is used if you disable archiving, or if the other backends fail to load)

> dvratil wrote in feed.cpp:403-405
> This change does not seem related, could you explain it a bit more?

Sadly it is. The markImmediatelyAsRead flag is described in the user interface as «marking feeds as read when new articles arrive».
The current implementation does that, but also marks every article as read at startup.
This does not map to the current user interface description, and implies reading every article for such feeds, seriously impacting startup time.

REPOSITORY
  R201 Akregator

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12480