T8357: Announcement text for the Applications 18.04 release

Neofytos Kolokotronis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 5 18:40:44 BST 2018

neofytosk added a comment.

  When I am converting bullet points into paragraphs, I try to group them by common subjects. For example several bullet points might all be about full screen mode, others are about usability fixes or about SVG images.

  Another thing that I find works is to target groups of users or actions, for example "if you are moving files, this and this will make it easier for you."

  We are talking technical things here, and it's very often than you have 5-6 different features/fixes that have no overlap between them. So it's hard to make everything exciting in that way.

  To avoid longer text, we could choose only 3-4 points per application that we consider significant/attractive and link to a full changelog for the rest, similar to what is already done for Plasma bugfix releases <https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.11.1.php>.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T8357