T6854: Modernizing Kontact look

Olivier Churlaud noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 3 22:19:50 BST 2017

ochurlaud added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854#109010, @andreaska wrote:

  > I would have this 3 buttons instead of bottom left (additional toolbar) to the top toolbar (as there is already an toolbar for the apps). as less different UI elements as possible. In addition you don't have that much actions in the main top toolbar in a PIM suite.

  I don't agree : the top toolbar is used by the main view that you are currently using. If you are in email, you don't want to have things about tasks or calendars, but things about email.

  Top left is where your eye goes first, so it is not optimized to have that. However the idea of putting them bottom left is great, because it's in a corner where you don't look that often as there is not much useful info. So it looks less cluttered.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854