D8071: Make KMime::Content available properly in MessagePart

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 30 14:13:22 BST 2017

knauss added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8071#150843, @vkrause wrote:

  > The problem with that is that we end up duplicating all kinds of KMime API without any gain. MessagePart makes sense for everything that needs decoding/decryption etc, and for changing the hierarchy, but IMHO not for verbatim forwarding of KMime data.
  >  For my use-case (generic highlighting plugin) I need to have access to Content-* headers to check if it's something I want to handle or not.

  But this is exactly the usecase for an own MessagePart type. You process a mimetype and create SytaxHighlightMessagePart (SHMP) if you want to handle this part, the MessagePart has access to the KMime::Content and than you handle your specific MP and be happy and i think your SHMP only need the type of the KMime::Content.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8071