T6854: Modernizing Kontact look

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 5 08:06:06 BST 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  > Why not begin the status bar further right?

  Or simply use it for additional things and let the content decide where and when it shows.

  >   Regarding M$, I was giving it as an exemple for this  dry specific point because it think they did a good job, and one should not fear to take ideas from those guys...

  Not the good ones, no. I was referring to the toolbars proliferation in their word processor, probably a few versions back now.

  In terms of customisable interfaces for this kind of application I often take Opera as an example, from before they added themes. There were lots of good ideas allowing to cook up a very slick, minimalist interface that still had all the controls you could need, possibly visible only when you needed them. That included rather complete control over the things shown in the various tool- and statusbars. FWIW they used Qt at the time if I'm not mistaken, at least on Linux.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T6854