Simplifying Korganizer

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Sep 13 05:43:56 BST 2017

Le mardi 12 septembre 2017, 18:31:12 CEST Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 13:28:53 CEST laurent Montel wrote:
> > >
> > > Olivier's point make sense in my opinion. Honestly I think you're being
> > > over- conservative here.
> >
> > nope just an user which doesn't want to start 2 or 3 applications for
> > doing
> > his work.
>
> There's another face to that coin, if I want to see both my task
> organization and my calendar, with only KOrganizer I can't. Luckily I use
> Zanshin for my tasks but otherwise the constant switching would make me
> nuts.
>
> That's what you get when you try to be an application shell at the wrong
> level of abstraction.
>
> If you want a single application to start, that's Kontact...

So we load all parts, indeed a unique apps but we load kmail/korganizer/
akregator/zanshin etc by default.

> > And in kontact it will be necessary to switch between "part"  for doing
> > it.
>
> Which is the same amount of clicks than switching views in KOrganizer. It's
> just more discoverable and more homogeneous to the user.
>
> > Ok for journal, I never used it.
>
> Again, I don't think it has many users, period.
>
> > But for sure I use korganizer for event/task/todo, for sure we will not
> > help user if we need to ask them to start 2 differents apps for doing it.
> Please re-read me carefully: it's in fact limiting the user not empowering
> her.
>
> > Currently we see all info in same apps, in the future it will be necessary
> > to switch between apps/parts for having a summary.
>
> I don't see why, currently you don't have a summary, you switch views
> *anyway*.

nope we can add task in default apps and we can see them in a treeview in
default apps.
So we can see them + event in same views.
I use it all the time

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,