D7862: Enhancement: Resource tomboynotes updates its content automatically

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 18 15:52:07 BST 2017

knauss added a subscriber: lbeltrame.
knauss added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7862#146679, @Stefan wrote:

  > Ok I've changed all to GLPv3.
  >
  > I'm the main developer but I've used some code of other resources, AFAIK only of maildir and and mainly of DAV.
  >
  > So possible copyright holders should be Sandro Knauß, Volker Krause and Till Adam. Laurent Montel did also some changes. It would be very nice if they could comment on this.
  >
  > But in general AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem to change the license from "GPLv2 and later" to "GLPv3 and later". And all used is AFAIK "GPLv2 and later".

  Please not that fast. Yes switching from GPL2+ to GPL3+ is an allowed move in license terms. But relicencing is more difficult than that, because if you change your resource from GPL2+ -> GPL3+ the complete kdepim-resource get GPL3+ indirectly, because you throw out the GPL2 option and for the repository the overall set of allowed licenses will be reduced to GPL3+ for kdepim-resources. So before doing that, you first have to check if there is any file in kdepim-resources that are GPL2 only. And than as next step you need to make sure that all parts, that are using the resources are not GPL2 only. Unfortunatelly, we had in past some situation, where we produces non releasable licenses situations in kdepim.

  @lbeltrame : you have good overview about the licening situation in kdepim: is it a problem to switch from GPL2+ to GPL3+ for one resource.

REPOSITORY
  R44 KDE PIM Runtime

REVISION DETAIL