D7775: Initial submission of Akonadi EWS Resource to KDE PIM

Krzysztof Nowicki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 1 21:19:52 BST 2017

nowicki added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in ewsfetchcalendardetailjob.cpp:122
> This looks unused now?
>
> Does the EWSItem contain actual information regarding the timezone, except for its name, like UTC offset and DST transitions?
>
> I know realize KCalCore may not have the API you might need to get this working properly, but I don't know how much information you actually have available for EWS events

You're right - I missed that when converting to QDateTime.

In the current form the data downloaded from Exchange contains full vCalendar payload including the timezone specification. This I believe is handled by the updated KCalCore code, that I asked about in one of the previous comments.

This implementation is however temporary as it doesn't provide room to implement calendar modifications. To do that I'll need to download the events piece by piece including the timezone. The Exchange server provides the timezone name as well as offset information, so it will be enough to do proper conversion. This is the moment I'll need to hook up to KCalCore's timezone processing code, but I'm not too worried about it ATM.

> dvratil wrote in ewsfetchcalendardetailjob.cpp:177
> If the errorText of the job is passed to Akonadi::ResourceBase::cancelTask() at some point, it should be localized (and probably less technical, that's what debug output is for)

This used to be like that in the beginning, but after addressing Laurent's comments I have changed this behaviour - the exact message is only printed to the log and the user is presented with a more generic message that item retrieval has failed (see ewsresource.cpp:608)

REPOSITORY
  R44 KDE PIM Runtime

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7775