D8071: Make KMime::Content available properly in MessagePart

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 1 09:25:02 BST 2017

vkrause added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> knauss wrote in objecttreeparser.cpp:224
> no we can't do simply "contiune" because than you can't create plugins for "application/octet-stream". But we only need a short time solution until the LegacyMesaagePart is gone. A qcWaning or qcError if mimetype is "application/octet-stream" ? than at least you see the problem...

An application/octet-stream plugin that would actually render content would not return "AsIcon". "AsIcon" means "render as default attachment icon" here, and that's the same "continue" would give us. IOW "AsIcon" and "Failed" are essentially the same here now, meaning "I can't or don't want to render this", and "Failed" is already handled by "continue".

And any new plugin that correctly implements process() would not end up here anyway, this is just for the 5 existing legacy plugins.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

BRANCH
  top