D8376: Correctly classify CMS detached signatures

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 20 10:55:54 BST 2017

dvratil created this revision.
dvratil added reviewers: aheinecke, JochenSaalfeld.
Restricted Application added a project: KDE PIM.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: KDE PIM.

REVISION SUMMARY
  GpgME::Data (through gpgme_data_identify()) cannot distinguish whether
  CMS signature is detached or opaque. This makes handling of CMS signatures
  in Kleopatra very complicated. To get more exact results we do here what
  gpgsm --verify does internally: we feed the signature to a real CMS parser
  from the KSBA library and let it detect if it is a detached signature or
  not. This adds KSBA dependency to libkleo, but that shouldn't be that
  much of an issue since it's part of the GnuPG toolchain anyway. Also
  invoking the CMS parser certainly represents certain level of overhead,
  but I haven't noticed any major performance issues in Kleopatra.

TEST PLAN
  Kleopatra can now correctly handle detached CMS signatures.

REPOSITORY
  R90 PIM: Kleo Library

BRANCH
  master