T7430: POP3,SMTP protocols should not use proxy

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 9 16:35:21 GMT 2017

knauss added a comment.

  For me it is not clear what ways of configuration come here together. So far I understand you have env variables http_proxy and ssl_proxy those are created with starting the KDE session?
  Than you have the env variable no_proxy that is not recocniced by POP/SMTP, but what settings they use?
  And on the other hand we have KDE proxy settings?

  All in all this sounds like too may differnent configuration working against each other. For me it sounds like at first KDE should use http_proxy and ssl_proxy, if they are the standard way to set proxy to applications, if  you set a global proxy also POP/SMTP should use this proxy by default. A hardcoded exception is not a good idea.

  But nevertheless I can understand, that it makes sense to have the possibility to override the proxy settings for specific programms/protocols.

  Maybe it makes sense to first discuss how the bigger picture should be, before starting implementing: https://phabricator.kde.org/T7050

  Just a sidenote: me personally is trying to make my mailserver available through tor, so i will be forced to use torproxy for SMTP and IMAP. So I will have a different testcase :)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7430