Searching for telephone numbers

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Nov 9 14:37:34 GMT 2017

Hi,

we currently don't index phone numbers. I'm currently working on a new
indexing and searching infrastructure for Akonadi which will be more powerful.
I wasn't initially planning to index phone numbers, but I can easilly add that
to the new plan. The target for the new indexing is 18.04 release.

Technically adding that into the current infrastructure is not very difficult,
but any change like this requires full re-indexing, which is very annoying for
users and takes a lot of time. Since we will need to do this in March for the
new infrastructure, I'd like to avoid forcing users to have to reindex in
December as well.

In the meantime, what you could do is to fetch all contacts on the start,
extract phone numbers and store a hash map from phone number to Akonadi ID, so
you can then quickly fetch the full contact on-demand.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683