Sink/Kube: 2 questions

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 7 23:13:38 GMT 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 11:41 PM, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hi
>
> >> alone depends on certain of the same libraries as KMail (Contacts, KIMap,
> >> ...). Does that mean Kube cannot be used in parallel to KMail *4*?
> >
> > It's fully independend and coinstallable.
>
> Sadly not entirely: the old kdepim-runtime project also installs a
> libmaildir
> library with exactly the same name as Sink does.

Ok, I should have said: It's supposed to be fully coinstallable, and
everything else is a bug ;-)

> I get the impression that for Sink this is a private library and so could
> be renamed with a rather simple (local) patch?

Got catch! Yes, I'll improve that.

> > Yes! We haven't really invested into yet, but the intention is very much
> > to have this running on mac, windows and linux.
>
> Great, I'll keep you updated then, maybe even contribute a few things.

Looking forward to it!

For issues against Kube/Sink, please use
https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kube/ or
https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/sink/ respectively.

Cheers,
Christian