Sink/Kube: 2 questions

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 9 10:07:51 GMT 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017, at 10:08 AM, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> And I keep hitting Send too soon:
>
> Is the dependency on Kirigami a required one, and if so shouldn't there
> at least
> be a cmake warning when it's not available? I didn't notice the
> dependency and
> now have a kube-mail executable that just "hangs" with a terminal error
> until I install Kirigami

Kirigami is a required dependency, yes.
I don't know whether a cmake check really makes sense since it's sort of
a run-time dependency, on the other hand hidden run-time dependencies
like that indeed suck... Maybe it would make sense to add a check.

> %> kube-mail
> QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
> file:///opt/local/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kube.components.mail/contents/ui/main.qml:22
> Type MailComponent.Mail unavailable
> file:///opt/local/share/qt5/qml/org/kube/components/mail/Mail.qml:25
> module
> "org.kde.kirigami" is not installed
>
> ^C
>
> And since the subject says "2 questions" :)
> Is it normal that Kube's cmake step fetches the breeze repo even if the
> breeze icons are installed (but only the light side in my case)?

To be honest I don't know. I suppose installing the required icons is
more a packaging step, so perhaps we should rather remove
this cmake step (I think this approach is used for systems like android
where you just want to bundle everything together).

Cheers,
Christian