Sink/Kube: 2 questions

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 8 21:18:27 GMT 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 03:41 PM, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Christian Mollekopf wrote:
>
> Hi again,
>
> > Ok, I should have said: It's supposed to be fully coinstallable, and
> > everything else is a bug ;-)
>
> Well, here's another one then:
>
> framework/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(KF5MimeTreeParser "5.1.46" CONFIG
> REQUIRED)
>
> That's a library that's part of messagelib, which has required
> dependencies on
> amongst others akondadi and as a result isn't coinstallable with KDEPIM
> 4...

Well yes, that's a known issue.
The mimetreeparser is a shared library, so that shouldn't be a problem
per se.
The whole messagelib is indeed not an acceptable long term solution for
us, that will have to be split up. See also:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T5508

> I'll see how feasible it is to build just the mimetreeparser but I don't
> really understand why it's not a standalone library or else part of KMime.

Unfortunately it hasn't been split up yet, so that just remains to be
done.
For the time being it can be built with
-DMIMETREEPARSER_ONLY_BUILD=TRUE,
which is all we need for Kube.
Whether that part is coinstallable with kdepim4 I don't know.

Cheers,
Christian