KDav without KIO

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Mon Jun 26 10:45:25 BST 2017

Le lundi 26 juin 2017, 11:08:1 CSTLuca Beltrame a écrit :
> Il giorno Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:45:26 +0200
>
>Christian Mollekopf <chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> ha scritto:
> > I'm not even building kdepim, so I can't offer that, sorry. Perhaps
> > Sandro can given he's the one that ported the resource to kdav.
>
> As a downstream packager, I'd give a -1 to merging this (FWIW) unless
> it has been at least superficially tested with the current PIM (not that
> *you* have to do so, but as long as *someone* does that).
>
> The DAV resource is exceptionally quirky by itself (according to my
> unspecific experience in the KDE Community Forums), so better to not add
> additional (potential) regressions.

Indeed we need be sure that there is not regressions.
But as I read your previous email you don't build kdepim, so how you can be
sure that there is not regression  ?

What is you test plan against kdepim  ?

Do you implement new autotests  ?
Do you compare with current code  ?
Etc.

We don't want a code which work for kolabsys and totally broken in kdepim.

As I know that you don't read bugs.kde.org :) so for sure all regression will
not be fix :)

Regards.

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (France) S.A.S., a KDAB Group company Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,