D6507: KMail: configure plugin fixes for Akonadi instances

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 5 07:50:57 BST 2017

dvratil requested changes to this revision.
dvratil added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mlaurent wrote in configurepluginslistwidget.cpp:252
> I don't understand you need to add .instanceIdentifier to list of agent ?
> so agent doesn't have .instanceIdentifier() ?
>
> So I don't understand.
> Why instance doesn't have .instanceIdentifier() ?
>
> could you verify which name have each instance in your system please ?

On l.249 we append the instance identifier to the `service` variable (which despite its name only contains the agent identifier like akonadi_foo_agent), so we need to append it to the `id` here too, otherwise the comparison on l.256 would never match.

The question is if we really need to append the instance identifier to the `service` in the first place. I think we don't and that better fix would be just to remove l.248-l.250, and ideally rename `interfaceName` to `agentIdentifier` or something similar. This code has nothing to do with DBus, so I don't see a reason to use DBus terminology here.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6507