DAV resource

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Tue Jan 10 14:03:02 GMT 2017

Hey,

I'm currently rewriting the DAV resource to use KDAV. The creation works and
all items are downloaded, I can create/delete items...
But if I restart akonadi, the resource is broken and I do not understand how
this should work.

from constructor retriveCollections and createInitalCache is triggered.
both get execute. createInitalCache acts on akonadi items and
retriveCollections on DAV side.
Interessingly mDavCollectionRoot.id() < 0, that looks like an invalid item,
also in createInitalCache method.
I'm totally confused how onRetrieveCollectionsFinished could work.
inside the function everytime Akonadi::Collection without id are created and
filled with some infos - but there is no connection to real existing
collections visible, so all ids are < 0 and after that collectionsRetrieved()
is called with the Akonadi::Collections and the failure is triggered:

ASSERT failure in ResourceBase::collectionsRetrieved(): "Calling
collectionsRetrieved() although no collection retrieval is in progress", file /
work/source/kde/pim/akonadi/src/agentbase/resourcebase.cpp, line 809

And the resources go into an error state.
But if I look when the resource is created, it doesn't trigger the error
state, still all Akonadi::Collection::Ids are < 0.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Best Regards,

sandro